Updated: 14 Jan 2004
WI Health Resources:
24 Hour Call Services
WI Govt & Insurance
Doctors & Hospitals
Diet & Nutrition
First Aid & Safety
Who Can You Trust?
Note: posted below are mainly simple dictionary sites
with limited features.
You may want to try the more comprehensive Indexes/All-In-One
Sites that give you definitions and much more on any topic
or condition you need information on, like:
Health & Wellness
- Has a dictionary and spellchecker but is also an excellent
all-in-one site. Free to you through your library,
use your library barcode to access this subscription
database from home. This resource has online content and
quality unavailable at free websites. Integrated features
include: fulltext articles, a medical dictionary, encyclopedia,
drug finder, health news, health assessment tools, directory
of organizations, links to related websites, bibliographies
of current relevant books on your topic, and more.
The MedTerms Dictionary
- Clear, easy to find medical definitions for the layperson.
- Links to various general medical online dictionaries.
- General and specialized health dictionaries, covering:
9 foreign languages, dental terms, condition and specialty
(from Alzheimer's, fertility, and cancer, to street drug
slang), acronyms in healthcare, healthcare administrative
Dept. of Health & Human Services--Dictionaries
- Another listing (20 dictionaries)--some overlap with the
The Online Medical
- 46,000 brief health and science definitions. Great hyperlink
cross references to other definitions.
- Some specialized dictionaries for laypersons:
Online Dictionary of Mental Health
RxList Drug Index
and Initialisms for Health Information Sources
Medical Specialty Glossary (under "Find A Doctor")
Healthcare Professional Designations/Certifications(under
"Find a Doctor")
Cross Wis. Healthcare Glossary of Terms
To the Top