Updated: 14 Jan 2004
WI Health Resources:
24 Hour Call Services
WI Govt & Insurance
Doctors & Hospitals
Diet & Nutrition
First Aid & Safety
Who Can You Trust?
- See: CBTL:
9 - 11 - For information on coping & the psychological
impact of terrorism.
- See: CBTL:
Religion & Spirtuality - For information on spirituality
- See: CBTL Health & Medicine: 24 Hour
Call Services & Community Links
- For community hotlines and area agencies and services. Local
Hospital Psychiatric Center.
- The area of mental health is so diverse, that the goal of
this page is to provide you with the best, authoritative meta-sites
that allow you to zero-in on the specific topics you're looking
Online Dictionary of Mental Health
Natl. Library of Medicine:
National Institute of Mental Health - Public Resources
(some materials also in Spanish)
- Topical index includes: anxiety disorders, attention deficit
hyperactivity disorder, autism, bipolar disorder, borderline
personality disorder, child and adolescent mental health,
children & violence, depression, eating disorders, generalized
anxiety disorder, learning disabilities, medications and mental
disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder,
post-traumatic stress disorder, psychotherapy research: opportunities
& questions, schizophrenia, social phobia, suicide, statistics,
clinical trials, more...
- New York Access to Health's mental health section. Good
topical index to resources beginning with general sections
including: Mental Health Problems; Conditions and Disorders
- children, teens, adults; Care & Treatment; Information Resources;
best facilities, more.
Health and Behavior (MEDLINEplus)
- The National Library of Medicine's mental health information.
Extensive coverage of wide range of conditions, issues, and
- A searchable site, plus sections like The Help Center which
includes: How to Find Help For Life's Problems, Get the Facts,
Psychology at Work, Mind/Body Connection, Psychology in Daily
Life, Family & Relationships, A Get-Help Guide for Teens &
Young Adults, the Trauma of Terrorism, Violence Prevention
Caring for your
Mental Health (National Mental Health Association)
- This site includes fact sheets, pamphlets, discussion boards,
and event calendars on mental health issues. An email contact
person from the National Mental Health Association also answers
questions and suggests referrals.
Internet Mental Health
- Wide range of topics from the professional mental health
community in Canada. Their "Internet Links" section is extensive
and organized by condition, age groups, etc.
Mental Health Net
- An all-in-one type site with topics coverage that includes
articles, personal experiences, treatments, news, etc.
Child Abuse Prevention
Library of Medicine:
Mental Health and Education Center for Children and Families
and Adolescent Mental Health Resources
- From the National Institute of Mental Health.
Mental Health - Children
American Acad. of Child
& Adolescent Psychiatry's
- Extensive resource on all kinds of child and parenting and
related issues, including: abuse, adoption, AIDS, bedwetting,
fighting, tantrums, divorce, alcoholism, school issues, television,
development, disorders, disabilities, etc.
Social Influence Issues:
Influence of Music and Rock Videos
& Watching TV / TV
& Firearms / Understanding
Violent Behavior in Children & Adolescents
To the Top