June 14, 2004
How to Search
Checking Your Account
NEWCat Home Page
to Cancel Holds in NEWCat
If you no longer need an item you placed on hold,
follow these procedures to cancel the hold.
First, enter the Library Catalog.
From outside the library you will need to enter your library card
number and the first four letters of your last name on the Welcome
- Click on My Library Account (on the lower left
side of the screen).
- Enter your library card number (with no spaces) and the first
four letters of your last name. (If your last name is shorter
than 4 letters, or has an apostrophe, see a staff member at your
- Click on Next >.
- From the Patron Records screen, click on the Holds List
- Click on the box next to the item(s) you wish to cancel.
- Click on Cancel Selected Holds.
- Click on Cancel All Holds ONLY if you want all your holds canceled.
- The Cancel Hold Complete screen will indicate if the operation
has been successful.
- Click on the Return to Search button when you are finished
checking your account. The patron account window will close.