June 14, 2004
How to Search
Checking Your Account
NEWCat Home Page
to Place Holds in NEWCat
Place a "hold" to get on a waiting list
if the item you want is checked out or at another library. Your
local library will mail you a notice when the item is available
for checkout. Some libraries are providing email notification service.
If you are interested, please contact your local library.
First, enter the Library Catalog.
From outside the library you will need to enter your library card
number and the first four letters of your last name at the "Login
to NEWCat" screen. (If your last name is shorter than 4 letters,
or has an apostrophe, see a staff member at your local library.)
- Find the item in the Online Catalog using either Keyword
or Browse Search.
- Click on the Item Title link.
- Click on Hold Title (on the left side
of the screen). A new window will open.
- Type your library card number (with no spaces) and the first
4 letters of your last name.
- Click on Next >.
- Change your pickup location if necessary and click on Place
- Click on Return to Search after your hold has been committed.
The hold window will close.